Food & Fun Recipes
Sugar Plum Recipe
Ingredients (Makes about 3 dozen sugar plums)
- 1 cup pecans or sunflower seeds
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup chopped pitted dates
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup chopped pitted prunes
- powdered sugar or shredded coconut, optional
- Place all the ingredients except the powdered sugar or coconut in a food processor.
- Pulse the mixture three to four times to combine, then process until a paste forms - about four or five minutes.
- Transfer the paste to a mixing bowl and form the sugar plums by rolling about two tablespoons of the paste in the palms of your hands until a round ball forms.
- Roll in the powdered sugar or shredded coconut.