Food & Fun Recipes
Apricot Oat Nut Snack Mix
Ingredients (Makes 20 servings)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups wheat bran
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cups pecan halves, broken
- 1 cup almonds, coarsely chopped or slivered
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¾ cup honey, melted
- 1 ⅓ cup dried apricots, quartered (one 6-ounce bag)
- ¾ cup raisins
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats and next six ingredients; toss well.
- Drizzle oil over mixture and toss until coated.
- Drizzle melted honey and continue tossing until coated, mixture should be clumpy.
- Divide mixture onto two cookie sheets, spreading evenly. In top third of oven, bake 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; stir with wooden spoon, mixing thoroughly.
- Continue to bake 30 minutes more, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Return snack mix to bowl; add dried fruits. Toss gently and cool.
- Can be stored for two weeks in airtight containers or frozen up to two months.