Prairie Rag Doll
Each student needs:
- 1 14- by 8-inch piece of unbleached muslin
- 2 3- by 9-inch fabric scraps
- 1 6- by 4- by 4-inch x fabric triangle
- Measure and rip muslin into a rectangle.
- Measure and mark 16 1/2-inch increments along the length of the muslin
- Rip 16 1/2-inch strips
- Fold 15 of the strips in half, and use one strip to tie off a doll's head. The tie also serves as arms.
- Cut a 1/2-inch hole in the center of each of the two scraps, and place over the head of the doll.
- Tie the arms on top of both layers of the dress in the front.
- Use your imagination to trim your dress, or make a heart cutout on the top layer.
- Tie on the triangle as a bonnet.