Food & Fun Recipes
Celery and Pretzel Butterflies
- celery, cream cheese or peanut butter
- small pretzels
- Cut a small slice of celery to form the body of the butterfly.
- Spread cream cheese or peanut butter inside the stalk of celery.
- Add four small pretzels for the butterfly wings.
- Add two licorice pieces for the antennas.
Use 1 long stalk of celery. Measure, using a ruler. Write down the total length on an index card. Arrange your card with other students' cards from shortest to longest length. Arrange the celery stalks from shortest to longest. Students use plastic knives to measure and cut 2-inch segments of celery.