Colored Sand for Sand Art
Each student needs:
- salt or sand
- zip-closing bags
- food coloring
- Pour half cup of salt or sand into a zip-closing bag and add several drops of food coloring.
- Close the bag tightly, making sure most of the air is out. (You can add more food coloring to get more vibrant colors.)
- Use your fingers (on the outside of the bag) to mix the color into the salt.
- Pour the salt or sand in a thin layer on a newspaper and let it dry.
- Repeat this for each color, giving each its own piece of newspaper.
- When all colors are dry, pick up the papers one at a time and pour the salt back into the bags to store.