Food & Fun Recipes
- two 6-inch flour or corn tortillas
- 2 T grated cheese salsa and/or sour cream
- shrededd carrot and zucchini or summer squash
- chili powder
- Saute shredded carrot and zucchini or summer squash and season with chili powder.
- Place one tortilla on an ungreased skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle lightly with grated cheese and one tablespoon of the veggie mixture.
- Top with a second tortilla.
- Cook for about two minutes on each side, or until the cheese melts.
- Let cool for two minutes.
- Cut into wedges, pie style.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Students work in groups or centers
- Write several of the nouns from the recipe on a set of index cards (carrot, zucchini, squash, tortilla, etc.). Make several sets so each group in the class will have its own set of cards.
- Students will write a possessive noun to go with each of the noun cards, then create a sentence using the possessive noun.
- Students underline the possessive pairs in their sentences. (Ex. Scott's carrot was orange. The girl's zucchini was chopped)