Each student needs:
- dried seeds from any melon, pumpkin or squash
- paper plate
- Distribute one paper plate per student.
- On the bottom of the plate, paint a large circle to represent the inside color of their melon, pumpkin or squash.
- Around the edge paint the outside rind color.
- Let it dry.
- Fold in half and place dry seeds inside. (Save 6-8 seeds to decorate the outside.)
- Staple at the edge to keep seeds inside.
- Attach streamers.
- Have a melon jamboree with your students' instruments.