Food & Fun Crafts
Water Color Butterflies
Each student needs:
- paper coffee filters
- watercolor paints
- paint brushes
- colored paper
- To color the filters, dab on watercolor paint with a brush and draw on designs with the markers. The watercolors will bleed together. When using markers, sprinkle the filter lightly with water to make the ink blend together. For a shimmery effect, add glitter-and-glue designs.
- Once the filter is dry, pinch it in the middle like a bow tie.
- Clasp with a clothespin, and fan out each side of the filter to resemble a butterfly's wings.
- Cut two strips of construction paper, approximately the size of match sticks.
- Glue the strips onto the clothespin to form a pair of antennae.