Each student needs:
- 1 large paper grocery bag with handles
- raffia or garden twine
- monthly calendar
- notebook paper
- 3-hole punch
- Cut the large bag down the side until you reach the bottom.
- Continue cutting around the bottom of the bag and discard the bottom.
- Cut 2 pieces 18 x 10 inches, with handles attached.
- Fold up each piece 7 inches and staple on each side to form a pocket.
- Punch 3 holes in the side of each piece using the hole punch.
- Place blank notebook pages and calendar within the two cover pices.
- Tie the booklet together with raffia or garden twine.
- Decorate the front with markers.
- Enjoy your journal.