Each student needs:
- pink, blue, red and/or purple construction paper
- 2 paper fasteners for each berry
- green construction paper for vines
- paper punch
- Cut three strips, about one inch wide, down the short side of the colored paper.
- Students write a sentence about berries on each strip.
- Holding the strips together in a stack, use a paper punch to make three holes in each strip: one in the middle and one a half inch from each end.
- Still holding the strips together, put a paper fastener in the middle hole.
- Trace your hand for the leaf (DO NOT SPREAD YOUR FINGERS APART) and/or cut strips of green and curl them with a pencil for vines.
- Punch a hole in leaf and vine, and put a paper fastener through the hole.
- Bring up the ends of the long strips, and fasten them all together.
- Spread out the paper strips to form a berry.